Every week, I will help you plan for the next, while giving you ways to create memories with your family and friends. So I hope you all have on your high heel pumps because this cruise ship is taking off!
OK, question of the week? Do you take time out for yourself? I have found this such a problem for women, especially working mothers. It is absolutely vital that you take out some time for yourself to relax and rejuvenate. Now, you may be telling yourself; "I'm just to busy". Well believe me, I am as busy as the next person, but your time to yourself doesn't have to be a whole day. If you have that to take, then take it, but if you don't well her are some one hour or more solutions.
- Run a hot bath, light some candles and tell your family to leave you be for 1 hour. (The first step is to tell your family to leave you alone. They will be ok for an hour without you.)
- Go get a one-hour massage. (I would recommend Balanced Body Massage in Westport, Deborah is fabulous and inexpensive. You can get an hour for like $55-$60)
- Go window shopping. Yeah, you might buy something but just getting out the house is relaxing at times.
- Go for a walk. (Simple yet functional)
- Of course I have to say go the gym...
- Read a magazine (Something you don't have to concentrate so hard on).
- Playing a word puzzle or game. (This is underestimated, but doing on of these can relax your mind)
- Finally, a good old fashion prayer because you can conquer anything in his name.
Of course there are several other ways your can spend some time by yourself, but these are what I have found to be best. I am fashionista, but I do it all myself. So if you are a fashionista that likes beauty plesures, go get your nails or hair done. That is a simple pleasure compared to the time you put into your family.
My family is very organized so taking time out for myself usually happens from 8:30-9:30 p.m. and consists of watching "Young and the Restless", hey everyone has their show... That's relaxing to me and I enjoy it. My husband knows that when I am watching that to leave me alone. My kids are in the bed, so it's just me, myself and my laptop. :)
I challenge you to do just this at least one day this coming week. Tell your spouse and family to leave you be for an hour. You can do it! After you do it, tell me how you did it, was it affective and will you continue to do it? The only information I go by is mine and other peoples experiences. I would love to hear from you!!